Friday, July 10, 2009

Follow-up appointment in surgery

Met Dr. S. today to follow up on the surgery. The surgeon found I was top shape considering the time elapsed. Her comment was "you had to be a great athlete before the operation to recover at this speed." ;-)
Great athlete I don't know but she was nice. She said that normally after 6 weeks they expect to see patients who walk slowly, sit up slowly, speaks slowly. She felt I stood very straight (posture) with a near normal walk and a normal speaking rate. To all my questions on weight loss, the amount of faeces per day etc.. she replied "normal".
According to her, there will be another month like this and then it should start to return to normal. I told her that I did not think I was in good shape. When I mentioned my walks at 3Km / h, she said that's fast. When I told her that I played golf on the WII (Woods 2010) and that I regretted it cause I spend the afternoon aching. She forbided me to play for another month. No muscular effort before another month (walking is good). Such an appointment helps to put things in perspective. It serves as a milestone. She boosted my morale for sure.

Santé!

No comments: