Thursday, June 4, 2009

Success

I take a moment to inform you of the good news. Wednesday morning 8:30, Martin found himself in the operating room for surgery, a long-awaited moment.
Doc Y, accompanied by a good medical team, was ready for a long and delicate intervention that lasted 11 hours. They removed the cancerous masses, rebuilt the duodenum, took out part of the stomach, removed 51 cm of small intestine and 50% of the colon and ended with the HIPEC intervention . The doc has accomplished its mission, 98% of the cancer was removed, a total success.

Martin was then transferred to the intensive care unit for observation. I welcomed him by saying "You've won my champion, you are now in intensive care and everything went according to YOUR predictions, He responded with a huge smile. He could not talk, was still intubated but I could read his thoughts "I told YOU!". Nurses taking care of him turned to me and said "WOW we have never seen an conscious intubated patient as calm as he is and on top of it smiling! What an extraordinary patient" and I replied "Yes, yes, you're right he is a man quite out of the ordinary " This morning, after a short stay of 12 hours in intensive care, he was transfered on the surgery-oncology ward. The battle is not yet won, a long rehabilitation begins but knowing him, he would tell you tonight "Don't worry, watch me, I'll get there in no time" Speedy recovery my love.
We look forward to your return.

Your wife

No comments: