Sunday, November 2, 2008

What a party!

Hello all,
I know some of you were beginning to ask questions. Is he sick or too tired to write? None of the above. This week I was in great shape and I have taken advantage of this energy to accomplish several tasks that had been delayed. There is also the fact that I wanted to accompany this blog with a video clip of my party celebration. Quite a party that my wife organized in secret. There were more than 100 persons. She worked for three weeks on the organization and and typical of Marie-Josée everything was carefully planned. The highlight of the evening was the opening performance by the group Drum Cafe with all the guests. This agency specializes in corporate events so it was unusual for them to perform at a private party. This session of percussion by all these people with the facilitators were quite an experience. These vibrations penetrate the body and re-energizes us. Play the video in the blog that will follow and you'll get an idea. Of course experiencing it live is much more sensational but just by listening I hope you'll get a chill.
I received a lot of gift which I sincerely thank all the contributors. The piano is already installed and Jordan and Elodie have spent quite some time playing. Jordan has talent and we are looking for a teacher that comes to our house. Elodie also has a good ear. Tristan is more concerned about his computer at this time then music. It will come.
I said it during the evening but I repeat it here for those who have not had the opportunity to be present: my wife is extraordinary. For three weeks she managed to invite 110 people, coordinate their arrival at the cultural center of Lorraine, order and pick up the buffet at different suppliers, plan the performance of Drum Cafe (build a crescendo beginning with my children on stage, then my brothers and sisters followed by my wife's family and all my friends). The emotions was high and tears were shed.
Thank you to my wife and all those who were present. You made me live the most beautiful birthday of my life.

Check out the video in the next blog,

2 comments:

Murray S said...

Martin, a belated birthday greeting. I am thrilled to hear how far you have come so far. Wishing you continued strength to you and M-J and to a successful outcome.

Murray Shostak

Martin said...

Thank you so much Murray. I appreciate your wishes plus you encourage me to continue translating the blog.

The next blog will provide another good news in my situation so continue reading.

Have a great day!

Martin