Friday, October 24, 2008

My disease through my daughter's eyes


I can't help but publish this drawing from Elodie and the story around it, it's too cute.

This week, coming back from school Élodie shows me her drawing and tells me that these are electric wires in my belly. She said that it's my cancer because it is connected everywhere. I have to say that she listens to us a lot and often when we tell the story of my cancer we explain that surgeons could not remove my tumors because they are too large and they are connected everywhere (to the liver, to the stomach etc. ..). So for her, it's like her electrical wires. Cute No?


The other story I have to tell regarding Elodie and my cancer is that almost everyday she asks: Is it your chemo day today? She asks me because it is often the reason why I will not pick her up at school early and thus she must go to daycare. So when she "feels" like returning home right after school she asks the question. When I say no, the next question is: Can you play doll with me. You can be the dad, OK?

My children are a bundle of love everyday

No comments: