Friday, October 10, 2008

Cooked in the squat

This message is a follow up on a comment made on the french version of my blog. My brother and sister-in-law reminded me of a story I had told them 15 years ago. At the time I had finished reading See You At The Top from Zig Ziglar.

Pierre et Sandrine you are reminding me of a lot of moments when you talk about Cooked in the Squat. And Pierre you are right it is Zig Ziglar that tells this tale. I went on the web to find an audio recording of this Ziglar story of the biscuits that get cooked in the squat. The biscuits story starts around minute 2 and lasts until the end. In total the recording below lasts 6 minutes that are really worth a good listening. The heavy southern accent may be difficult to comprehend sometimes but my english readers should not have to much of an issue.

Well, this is a good start for the series of blog I am preparing to write on the philosophy that I embrassed when I was in my mid twenties after listening to loads of cassette and read plenty of books on motivation, positive thinking and "How to's". The book that summed it all up for me is "7 Habits of Highly Effective Pepole". I wish all could read this book and apply its teachings.

Action is the name of the game. It is the common element preached by Stephen Covey, Tony Robbins, Zig Ziglar and others. It is in fact the subject of the little video I edited for you here.

Listen with pleasure and get into action!

No comments: