Monday, October 6, 2008

No judo for me this week

I missed judo tonight ... and for the week. I don't control my body as I want, especially post-chemo. Tonight is one of my soft period, in scientific terms: diarrhea. It comes with every chemo around the fifth day. Unfortunately this week my guys are going just once, tonight. The other two nights, Wednesday and Friday are reserved. Wednesday, Tristan will spend time with a private teacher to help him prepare for admission exams to secondary school. He is interested in three schools: externat sacré-Coeur, College St-Sacrement and St-Gabrielle school. The first two are private, the third is public but with IEP (international curriculum). The three schools have selection criteria including a written exam.
As for Friday we are invited by a friend to see Disney On Ice. The show is in the afternoon but it ends too late for us to return for judo. It is such a generous offer that we accepted with so much joy.

Other major news today: Élodie will wear glasses. A month ago during the normal pre-school visit, an optometrist detected astigmatism in Élodie's eyes. This afternoon she did further test to confirm the diagnosis. Élodie was not very pleased with this new accessory. I tried to put a smile on her face by saying that her father wears glasses and he is goodlooking anyway, to which she agreed of course. But the real turn around came when mom told her she also had to wear glasses and she showed her. Suddenly it was not the end of the world anymore it was, in fact, very cool and "sexy".
* The sexy part came when I made the comment that her new
rectangular shaped raspberry color frame, chosen by her mother, would be so
beautiful. Elodie added "it will be sexy" with the associated gesture
that you can imagine. She is five years old ...
I'll post pictures when she gets them.

Watch my next blog because I want to begin a series of texts on an author who has influenced my life. I can hear Yves and Jocelyn say: "not Tony Robbins". No, not him even though I appreciate thoroughly what he advocates and that it's a part of what Dr. Stephen R. Covey wrote in his bestseller: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.

Until next time!

No comments: