Saturday, October 11, 2008

Indian Summer

Today was a day full of energy from the sun shining and also because I am at day 10 post-chemotherapy. We had lunch anti cancer style. We had an egg over easy with turmeric and garlic in a grilled english muffin, mustard and mayonnaise. I accompanied it with fresh mini potatoes slightly fried in the pan and nice slices of italian tomatoes. Marie-Josee and I savored with this feast an infusion of Japanese dried green tea leaves (Sencha variety). After the visit to the hairdresser of our three munchkins, we prepared for an official training of team Raymond-Lafrance. The three runners in their specialized hi-tech clothes and Tristan and I with our regular running shoes. After a short warm up, we were off for a 1 km run. Elodie this afternoon was not quite in the mood but Jordan was, as usual, full of enthusiasm. Me, despite my energy being at the top, I did not even run the kilometer. I walked the last third of the way. Anyway I am handling the video camera at the Cross des Couleurs in Les Cèdres. After the training, with the fresh air and sunshine, the kids and I played touch football in the street. Mom was gone to the hairdresser, it was her turn. Touch football did not last long because the asphalt is not the best surface for it. But we continued to throw the ball for a while the four of us and then three of us since Élodie got bored. It was so pleasant to play ball with my kids. The Guys were running patterns and I was throwing cigars like a pro ;-). It was a great time in the outdoors, a lot of fresh air and fun. Time for sleep now because tomorrow is the race at 11:00 in Les Cèdres.

No comments: