Monday, December 15, 2008

Tomorrow... a Big Day

Tomorrow, Tuesday 16 December

What a coincidence that I have an appointment with Dr. L, my hematologist, the day of the birth of my mother. The meeting is important because I will learn how the doctor wants to manage my allergies. I also have questions to ask on what is coming: 2 treatments according to the original plan but how many more will I receive? How will he assess when to refer me in surgery or in other words what kind of reduction of the tumors does he hope for? What will be the date of my next scan? Can I have a break from chemo for a week during the holidays without jeopardizing the progress achieved? What is the level of my markers, yes! It's been a month.

I am sure that my mother will be there behind my shoulder ... What I am saying? She will be right in his face prepared to give him a slap behind the head if he does not give me the right answer. I can hear her say: You are going to heal my son or else my name is not Raymond.
Note: for those who read this blog without knowing all the details about my family, my mother passed away, I refer to her presence in spirit of course.

Yes ... Tomorrow is a big day.

On another topic, our boys competed over the weekend. They each collected a silver medal. They demionstrated beautiful judo as their father loves it. Flexible, diverse, respectful but with a nice determination without misplaced aggressiveness . In both cases it was close to be a gold medal but Judo is a sport where quick turnaround happens. Moreover Tristan has learned the lesson that "it's not over until it's not over". He was losing his second to last fight when with 10 seconds left he counter attacked and scored the decisive point: Ippon. He was proud to have persevered and thus enabling him to participate in the final. Jordan has shown much progress in his judo groundwork. He has won two fights with his follow through standing-to-ground techniques. Friday will be the last judo session before Christmas. Luc invited parents to step on the tatami mats. Guess what? Marie-Josée has decided that she would participate. In three years it is the first time she agreed to wear the judogi and to battle on the mat with her sons. I am sure she will be pretty sexy in my new competition judogis. I'm will be not quite in shape to join them (three days post chemotherapy), but if I have enough energy at all I will not miss the opportunity to tease my wife on the mat. Of course Élodie dress up and so it will be a real family affair.
Finally, our outdoor Christmas decorations are installed, tree included. It was very cute to see Jordan and Élodie collaborate on the little Christmas village. It began with an argument but finished with a smile. Élodie is at the age when the wonder of Christmas is at its maximum. Hers eyes light up when she talks about the coming of Santa Claus. Jordan, for the first time, participates in the enchantment of her sister by explaining the relevant details as to why we leave biscuits, milk and carrots for Santa Claus and his reindeer and especially why you have to well sleep... because if you are not sleeping Santa Claus does not come ;-) You all know, no? I have to go to bed because tomorrow the appointment is at 8:10, it's early with the traffic on the highway 15.

Good night!

No comments: