Tuesday, December 30, 2008

To write a book...

Jordan came to us yesterday with an idea.
He said: "I want to do something but I'm too young."
I replied: "what do you want to do."
-I want to write a book about cancer he answered.
-You gotta do a lot of research to write a book about cancer.
-Well, It 's not really about cancer, but about the emotions of cancer.

Wow! I said to myself.

-So you're not too young, you can start right away. Use your little diary to record your thoughts.

He went to get his small notebook. He wrote the title: The Emotions of Cancer.
He then wrote his first sentence: I think the hardest part is learning that the person you love has cancer.
I can tell you that I had water in my eyes. At the same time I had a feeling of pride to see my 9 year old boy able to express his emotions and ready to put it in writing.
You say what you want but it's not easy to cope with our emotions and to identify them precisely. When you are capable to do it at this age we are well off in life.

No comments: