Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Beautiful Holiday Season

The holiday period is already over but it was lots of fun. We had a schedule to our taste. We attended two shows. The first was High School Musical the Ice Tour. For those familiar with this ice version of this musical it incorporates HSM 1 and 2. High School Musical III will b e out soon. Thank you to Francine and Geneviève which enabled us to see this show. The timing was perfect since Tristan is preparing a year-end show at school based on HSM 2.
The second show that we saw during the holiday season is the classic Nutcracker at Place des Arts. Last-minute decision, typical I believe, of families in our situation. An excellent show for the well known musical pieces as well as its magnificent decor. A great way to introduce children to live classical music and ballet.

We also had rest days, without specific schedule. During these days we were out of bed later, the day was spent in pyjamas playing some of the games children received for Christmas. Mom played dolls (Barbies) with Élodie and Dad played with the boys on the Xbox and a game Monopoly World Edition.

We also played street hockey with Jordan putting on his new goalie equipment. Jordan loves to play in goals and Tristan with his experience in hockey cosom is an excellent forward. Élodie, she likes to be outside with her brothers but do not like hockey that much.

The children were given beautiful gifts. They played a lot during this holiday season. They also love their digital photo camera. Grandpa Santa, gave them an excellent quality compact camera with which they can all let go their artistic side with glee. Long live digital!

I’d like to say thank you to all our hosts. It is certain that the holidays are less tiring when you are not the host but the guest. I speak mostly on behalf of Marie-Josée because she has the most to do in these situations. So thank you to Pierre and Sandrine, Lilianne and Bob, Johanne and Gen, Danielle and Bill and Grandpa and Loulou.

Thank you to Grandpa who invited us to the restaurant where he made sure to have live piano just for us during dinner… and after. Beautiful evening where Josée took the opportunity to relax completely (with a little help of an excellent bottle of wine ;-).

I say a big thank you to my brother Jocelyn who came before Christmas to clean the garage under the instructions of MJ. Thanks to him, now we could fit MJ’s car in the garage. That is until we bought the treadmill. It occupies all the space but now it's for a good cause. Josée can continue her training when the temperature does not allow for outside running. I also use it when I can, and even the children use it. Élodie is doing her 1 Km while Tristan and Jordan go for 3 Km. Mom is very motivating for her children, they want to imitate.
Finally, I want to thank Guy Boucher, a friend who is primarily a friend of Pierre, who coaches in the junior hockey league. He was appointed assistant coach to Pat Quinn at the world junior hockey championship, which took place in Ottawa. He called me to offer me tickets. I unfortunately had to refuse his offer but I am grateful to him for thinking of me and my boys for the occasion.

This message can be late but I started to write on January 6. I delayed it because I had the inspiration for other shorter messages more relevant over time and so on. Still, I really wanted to express our thanks to everyone who is part of our support network. You are so important in the situation we live.

Thank you!

No comments: