Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Celebration time

Today was a day of celebration.

You've read my blog on the visit to Dr. L and the scan results that were vague?
Dr L did not give us more details yet but we, through our connections, obtained the opinion of the surgeon who operated me in July. In essence the person that really saw what I had in my belly.

In fact, Marie-Josée had an appointment with her to receive the results of her breastst ultrasound. On this subject, everything is good. The surgeon ruled out the presence of breast cancer. That's our first celebration.

Then, Marie-Josée took the opportunity to submit all my scan reports. The July 21, the October 14 and the January 13 reports. Naturally, she did not really read the July report because she already knew the content since she had requested it. She read the January 13 and went back to read the October 14 . She, who had described to Josée the tumors in my abdomen, is adament. I respond remarkably well to the chemo and Avastin because the 30 centimeters mass is gone. She even said it was a miracle. Celebrations are in order. Marie-Josée is ecstatic. I am very happy too. I refrain from too much joy though. On the one hand my hematologist has not shown the same enthusiasm and on the other hand there are still a few small spots near the liver and right colon area. The battle is not over.

Don't get me wrong, I am not pessimistic. I am extremely happy. I have a large grin, the kind that says: Told ya this / "$ @ tumor would vanished. But I admit that I am looking forward to Dr L telling me: Mr. Raymond we have reached our goal, you are in remission. There is no doubt that I will be ecstatic then.

In the mean time we continue to smile, fight and tonight we made a toast to the disappearance of the monster in my belly.

To Health!

1 comment:

Murray S said...

Absolutely amazing!!!!

looking forward to your next good news ...hearing the 'R' word

Murray