Friday, May 22, 2009

John Fogarty Tour

Yesterday I was at John Fogarty's show at the Bell Center. For those who don't know him, he is the principal member of CCR, Creedence Clearwater Revival. Extremely popular band of the 70's. Their hits include: I heard it through the grapevine, Susie Q, Proud Mary, Up Around the Bend and others.
Thanks to my friend David I saw a show, for the first time in my life, in row A, the very first row. Yes Yes I spent two hours standing and leaning on the security fence to see John Fogarty within 3 meters.
He changed his guitar every song, he had at least 5 different ones. As a guitarist, he is completely different from Eric Clapton, but he is equally fascinating.
His drummer was excellent. Unfortunately I have not heard his name, Kevin something. If any of you play Rock Band on xbox 360 he looks like the bald drummer. He has biceps of a bodybuilder and wears big rock sunglasses with a white T-shirt. The sound of his bass drum has probably disintegrated my remaining tumors since my body vibrated so much with each beat.
There were two guitarists, a bassist (David Santos), and two musicians who played guitar, fiddle, mandolin, keyboard and conga.

What a show. I can tell you I got goosebumps a few times.

Speaking of show, my cousin Genevieve is organizing a fundraiser event to benefit Relay for Life of the Canadian Cancer Society. My situation was her motivation. It will take place at the Bourbon in the west-island on Sunday, June 7. There will be several local groups to discover and of course Genevieve will sing some songs. I urge everyone who can go to enjoy a great show for a good cause. If you want info contact Geneviève de Léry through email (gendelery@hotmail.com) or on facebook. By the way for those of you who were at my birthday in October, Geneviève had sung.

No comments: