Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Upcoming schedule

This message is just to keep you informed of my schedule in the days to come.

March 18 (tomorrow): I will spend the morning at the Notre-Dame Hospital for pre-op tests: blood work, ECG, urine analysis.
here will be a scan of the thorax and abdomen but perhaps not tomorrow.
Dr Y, the surgeon, wanted to have these scans done by his hospital on top of those done at Sacred Coeur.

March 22 (Sunday) is the day of my PET scan (nuclear medecine imaging). This review is essential for my surgeon's decision-making: to operate or not.

March 23: Chimio # 15, the doses of all agents were reduced. It has been 5 weeks that I did not have chemo.

March 25: I get my bottle of chemotherapy unplugged and also my Piccline. This will allow me to swim whule in Dubai. Upon my return, according to the planning of the operation, I will have a port-o-cath installed, it's another distribution system for chemo that sits under the skin in the pectoral region, a bit like a peacemaker.

early April: departure for Dubai.

23 April: meeting with Dr. Y. Decision on the operation.

No comments: