Sunday, September 14, 2008

10 km - Tomorrow

It is tomorrow that Marie-Josee runs the 10 km during the Montreal Marathon day. Given the delay in her preparation, she settled on running the 10K when she initially wanted to make the half-marathon (21 km). She injured her knee this week but she will run anyway. She says that her suffering is nothing next to mine. I am touched by her gesture. What she does not understand though is that I don't suffer at all. I have a good drug pusher of morphine derivative from whom I get my stock. Perhaps I don't feel a buzz but I am pain free 98% of the time. I try to be funny because I don't really know what to say to my wife who gives me her support in every way possible including this one and I am concerned for the health of her knee. I have already mentioned it, my wife is driven ... so what am I to do except to support her and carry a nice big bag of ice to put on her knee right after she crosses the finish line. ;-)

Good luck my love!

No comments: