Monday, September 8, 2008

Otagai ni Rei

I was looking for a way to intrigue everyone with my title. I hope that I was successful. Otagai ni Rei is the call to salute partners in training in some martial arts. This call is delivered at the beginning and end of sessions following the two other calls to salute: Shomen ni Rei and Sensei ni Rei. If I simplify, this is a way to greet everyone with respect. Why did I start like that? Because tonight I had enough energy to endorse my judogi and act as a Sensei aid, like a teacher-aid. I have to say that we have a phenomenal start this season. We have at least 30 enrolled in the less than 13 years old, while last season we were about 15. 30 to one ratio in any discipline is huge so I wanted to support Luc Sensei as much as I could. Finally it went well and Luc would have been OK without me since Jacques was there, Jasmin, his son, helped him and also others like Richard and Jesse. Let's say that I did help a little, but the main thing is that I enjoyed the evening because I love to share my passion for judo with young people. By the way if anyone reading this is interested in judo, don't be shy, call me or come see us at 48 St-Louis in Ste-Therese (above the arena) every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 18:30 on.
Sayonara!

No comments: