Friday, September 5, 2008

Screening for cancer

You know, once you have cancer you wish you could have avoided it. If only I had known ... you say to yourself. In most cancers there are ways of detecting early signs and my experience is an example that too young doesn't exist with cancer.

I say... if I had known? What about you? Do you have cancer?

If not, when was your last test? In the case of my family, at the hospital they all said they had understood the message and had or were going to make an appointment? Is this done? Pierre when is your colonoscopy? Omer, Louis, Yves? Lucie? Lilianne and Jocelyn, I know that you were already aware but you should not delay much more. I am pushing hard on my family because one of the questions from doctors concerns family history. Well now my 5 brothers and 2 sisters must respond that colorectal cancer runs in the family. My own children will be monitored very early (in their early twenties). For other people who are not my immediate family, a simple test can save you so many concerns and offer a prognosis so much easier to handle. So what are you waiting for? Many of you wrote to me saying that I had, in one way or another, a positive influence in your lives. I'm happy. I would like my next influence on you to be a positive action regarding early detection of cancer.
Act now!

No comments: